The survey shows that the Security industry is one of less affected by the crisis, and where the companies plan to invest in this year.
If someone need help for a European version, let me know.
Here you have some interesting bits:
- - Salaries for information security professionals are high. Over 38% of respondents earn US $100,000 or more per year.
- - 41% of the respondents said their organizations use certifications as a factor when determining salary increases.
The overall mean funding for training was US $2,854 per year with a median of US $2,000 per year.
- - Digital forensics, intrusion detection, and penetration testing are the technical topics respondents are most interested in learning in 2009.
- - As of late November 2008, just over 79% of respondents forecast no information security personnel reductions in the next 12 months.
- - Over 25% of respondents plan to deploy the following technologies in 2009:
. Configuration Management
. SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
. Storage Security
. Wireless Security Solutions
- - The best places to find an information security position are in the metro areas of Las Vegas, Nevada; Dallas, Texas; and Washington, DC.
Visto en Laramies Corner