Web-based attacks as infection vectors are increasing and are effective gateways for distribution of threats.
• Prevalent malware families account for 71% of total infection for January through June 2009.
• Rogue security software is the most prevalent malware infection.
• Attackers take advantage of rich content and media formats such as PDF, SWF, GIF and JPEG for malware infection.
• Win32/Koobface and bogus profiles proliferate in social networking sites.
• Three variants of Win32/ Conficker emerge in the first half of 2009.
View/Download (529 KB PDF)