jueves, 16 de febrero de 2012

Nessus 5 Making My Pentesting Workflow Easier

With the recent release of Nessus 5 it comes with several improvements like better filtering in policy creation, analysis, reporting and a faster lighter engine for scanning. From this new features my favorite one is the ability to do filtering when creating new policies and analyzing results. For a very long time I kept a hand written list of plugins IDs that identified some of the most common found vulnerabilities that Metasploit covered for user with nessuscmd in my engagement. Now with the new filtering features that lets me select only those checks that cover vulnerabilities whose exploits are in exploit Frameworks like Core Impact and CANVAS, also one can filter for remote exploits or local ones also. In this blog post I will cover how to create a policy that covers all exploits found in Metasploit both local and remote. We will start by logging in to Nessus web interface and clicking on the Policies.
 Screen Shot 2012-02-16 at 11.34.26 AM


No hay comentarios: