Una encuesta de la compañía LogRhythm asegura entre otras cosas que:
- LogRhythm Survey Says 75 Percent of Information Security Professionals Lack Confidence in their Ability to Address Cyber Security Threats.
- 82 percent of organizations have a firewall installed and antivirus/anti-malware capabilities but less than 25 percent are confident that they’d recognize known indicators of a breach.
The good news is that corporations deploying next generation firewalls (NGFW) and Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) expressed confidence in their ability to detect advance attacks and breaches twice (2X) as often as respondents without these technologies.
Other interesting survey findings revealed:
- - Only 29 percent are confident they’ll know when a host gets compromised
- - Only 21 percent are confident they’ll know when a user’s credentials get compromised
- - Only 24 percent are confident in their ability to identify internal anomalous activity
- - Only 21 percent are confident in their ability to detect rogue processes
- - Only 22 percent are confident in their ability to recognize abnormal behavior patterns
LogRhythm delivers the visibility and insight needed to detect, defend against and respond to increasingly sophisticated cyber threats, efficiently meet compliance requirements and proactively respond to operational challenges.
LogRhythm conducted this survey by polling two hundred (200) IT security professionals. The survey was online from November 2011 through February 2012.