The capabilities of Metasploit Community include:
- - A simple graphical user interface, which makes it much easier to get started with vulnerability verification and security assessments than command-line based alternatives.
- - Network discovery, enabling users to map their networks by identifying hosts, scanning for open ports and fingerprinting their operating systems and services.
- - Integration with vulnerability scanners, so scan data from Rapid7 Nexpose, Nmap and a dozen other solutions can be imported directly into Metasploit Community. Nexpose scans can also be initiated and sites imported directly from within Metasploit Community.
- -Basic exploitation, enabling users to verify which vulnerabilities are actually exploitable and must be remediated - and which ones don't. This increases productivity and reduces the cost of a vulnerability management program and helps prevent data breaches.
- -Module browser, leveraging the world's largest database of quality-assured exploits so users can easily find the right exploit. Each module includes a reliability ranking, indicating its typical success rate and impact on the target system.