OverviewCOBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. This evolutionary version incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems. COBIT 5 builds and expands on COBIT 4.1 by integrating other major frameworks, standards and resources, including ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Benefits - COBIT 5 helps enterprises of all sizes:
- - Maintain high-quality information to support business decisions
- - Achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- - Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- - Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level
- - Optimise the cost of IT services and technology
- - Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
Click on one of the following documents to learn why COBIT 5 is relevant and necessary to you and your enterprise.
COBIT 5 is Coming: General Availability 10 April 2012