This fourth edition of the FireEye Advanced Threat Report provides a current overview of the advanced threat landscape including the evolving tactics of advanced persistent threats (APTs) and a detailed look at a major malware campaign targeting the aerospace and defense industry known as Operation Beebus.
- On average, enterprises experience a malware event once every three minutes
- Technology is the most targeted vertical industry
- Malware writers have focused significant effort on evasion
- Spear phishing remains the most common method for initiating advanced malware campaigns
- ZIP files remain the preferred file of choice for malware delivery
- Attackers are increasingly using dynamic link library files to improve persistence