With Wireless Networking, no cables or wires are needed to network your computers and share your Internet connection. Wi-Fi connects computers, printers, video camera’s and game consoles into a fast Ethernet network via microwaves.
Following actions should be taken.
- - The most important thing is to change the default password of your access point.
- - Firmware and the drivers of your wireless access point and wireless adapters should be up to date. They should be updates whenever necessary.
- - There should be a combination of high level encryption and decent keys (WPA2/802.11i ) recommended.
- - Wireless users should be authenticated with different protocols like 802.1X, RADIUS, EAP (including EAP-PAX, EAP-PSK, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-FAST, EAP-POTP, EAP-IKEv2, EAP-GPSK, PEAP, and EAP-SIM.
- - The above protocols give credentials including certificates, usernames, passwords etc.
- - Use Wireless LAN Security Tools for securing the wireless network. This software is specifically designed for securing 802.11 wireless networks.
- - Use a proxy for outgoing requests.
- - Always check the security of the wireless LAN using recent tools like Airbase, AirCrack-ng etc.
- - Make strict system logging on all the devices, do check your wireless log files regularly.
Visto en Geniushackers.com