The Security Development Tool for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is intended to help you more easily create and maintain security artefacts such as roles, duties, and privileges. The tool displays entry point permissions for a given role, duty, or privilege. Additional tools guide you through updates of the access levels for entry points. You can also use the tool to test a newly created or modified security role, duty, or privilege from the same interface, without using a different test user account. Additionally, you can use the tool to record business process flows and identify the entry points that are used.
- Grant access via an entry point (easy as right click and grant access by adding to a duty)
- Create a new privilege from the same view
- Test the security by clicking open new workspace - it will simulate the role and allow you to test with your own account
- Record the entry points and will be presented on the form. Which you can then click and grant access.
- View the effect on your license (Enterprise, functional etc). See what menu item has an effect on your license. See which configuration key is attached to what menu item. What layer it is in. Licensing is huge. As one menu item may change a user from a functional user to a enterprise user. License affect could be thousands of dollars.